Saturday, April 10, 2010

When I Lived On The Farm

By Emma C. Clawson
dictated 12/31/1976

These are things I remember when I lived on the farm about eight miles from Princeton.

I was born there and lived there until I was 11 years old. Of course, my memories are more about my brother, Louis. It seems we were always together being we were the two oldest. In fact, we did a lot of planning for two kids. We lived across the road from Schwantes' and we went over there a lot. That's why I have always liked Bertha and Albert. They were cousins.

Then Grandpa and Grandma Lundgren lived 1-1/2 miles and Grandpa and Grandma Polsfuss on the same road. I can remember Louis and I walking to both places every Saturday; why on Saturday, I don't know, so the one problem we had which grandparent to go to first. Grandma Lundgren would always give us money - and Grandma Polsfuss would have so many wonderful things to eat! Of course, we did all right in both departments.

No comments:

Post a Comment