Saturday, April 10, 2010

I Remember When They Died

By Emma C. Clawson
dictated 12/31/1976

I can remember my brother Alfred's funeral: born 1906, died the same year. What I can remember was his casket. It was an awful cold day.

Then I will always remember my sister Mary's death: born in February 1909 and only lived 1/2 hour and Mrs. Fisher made her coffin cloth lace and ribbons. I don't think there was any real funeral.

Alfred and Mary are both buried in the German Lutheran Church.

Also 1909 Grandpa Lundgren died, he was 79 years old and I can remember being at the funeral in Princeton with Aunt Lena and Uncle Charley - we ate in a restaurant afterward.

Then Uncle Oscar died in the spring of 1910. He was only 30 years old and he played violin at all the dances.

No comments:

Post a Comment