Saturday, April 10, 2010

He Froze His Hands; I Was Deaf For A While

By Emma C. Clawson
dictated 12/31/1976

Then poor Louis and I were walking to school and he froze both his hands and we stopped at Mrs. Tueck's and she defrosted them in snow.

Also, I had mastoid and was deaf for awhile.

I can remember getting money and buying a ring with my initials on it. We were lucky not to have any more illness, as I don't think we were ever taken to a doctor.

Aunt Lena and Aunt Anna (Charley's wife) came up on vacations. Aunt Lena had beautiful hair and she always washed it in rain water. She was a remarkable woman, good to everyone.

Next, I used to walk to Aunt Emma's on Sunday to go to Sunday School. Why, I don't know. Then I must of stayed there one time as I can remember going home from Princeton with John Gates and he drank beer all the way home from Princeton. So Aunt Emma was really angry.

Then, of course, the famous ride with my father: he took me to Princeton with him and bought me bananas and took me to the Circus. I stayed there all day waiting for him, eating those bananas. So when we got home I was so ill I have never eaten a banana since.

No comments:

Post a Comment